Amazing Grain Free Dog Food Recipes Your Dog Will Love
If your puppy is allergic to dog foods with grains, you will love the amazing homemade grain free dog food recipes we have here. Great dog treat recipes.
1. Grain-Free Dog Food Recipe: Chicken Jerky Strips
Don’t trust store-bought rawhides, which often have a ton of additives and preservatives? Homemade chicken jerky strips are a perfect replacement. This grain-free recipe is a much healthier alternative and very easy to make. Store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to two weeks (if they last that long!).
- 2 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Total: Makes approx 10-20 strips
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Trim all excess fat off the chicken breasts
- Cut into 1/8 inch thick strips using a paring knife
- Bake for 2 hours on a baking sheet until the strips are dry and hard
- Cool completely before presenting to your pooch.
2. Grain Free Dog Food Recipe – Momma’s Meatloaf
Try this homemade meatloaf and it will surely be a hit. You’ll definitely add it to your homemade dog food cookbook!
I bet you never thought about how many vitamins and minerals are in the foods we eat and how important each is in providing us with our daily requirements to sustain life. Dogs need these too, and most commercial foods lack in each and every one.
Rotation is key when feeding homemade. It is important to change proteins within a few days, if not daily, to provide different fatty acids, vitamins and amino acids for a complete and nutritionally balanced diet.
- 4 Pds. Ground Beef Amino Acids
- 2 Chicken gizzards
- 4.62 oz. Liver Vitamin A/Copper
- 4.62 oz. Kidney
- 12 oz. Sardines (in water) Vitamin D, Omega 3 & 6
- 1 cup Oatmeal, cooked (optional) For grain free do not add
- 8 oz. Frozen veggies Mixed, green beans, carrots
- 8 oz. Frozen mixed berries Fiber/Antioxidants
- 1/2 cup Parsley, fresh
- 2 Organic Eggs Calcium/Zinc
Mix all the ingredients together, minus the sardines and mixed berries as these will be added later.
Add meat to loaf pan and cook at 350 degress for 1 hour.
Measure separate feedings in a Ziploc bag and store. Refrigerate about three days worth and freeze the remaining.
Recommended reading: 14 Homemade Organic Dog Treat Recipes to Keep Your Dog Healthy
Did you enjoy reading the amazing grain free dog food recipes, share it on facebook and pinterest.