The Best Homemade Raw Dog Food Recipes for Dogs
Homemade Raw Dog Food Recipes – A Healthy Alternative For Your Dog
There is a lot of talk these days about how to feed your dog a homemade raw dog food diet. Many dog owners have started their own raw food diets for their dogs.
However, there are also inherent risks with this type of diet. In addition to possible sickness, you may also see some unwanted behavioral changes in your pet.
However, if done right, homemade raw dog food recipes can indeed be a beneficial and healthy dietary switch for your pet dog.
To start with, let’s take beef as an example. Although beef is a very good source of protein, most commercial beef food meals have a fairly high level of sodium.
While beef is a great protein source, especially for the vegetarian dog, it can have a lot of sodium in it. This can cause the dog to become bloated and have excess gas.
If you are considering making homemade raw dog food meals from beef or another high-sodium food source, then you should take your time to find out exactly how much sodium is in the beef you plan on feeding your pet.
The same can be said for chicken and other meats. There are a lot of different types of chicken available to buy at the grocery store.
However, some of these birds contain a lot of unhealthy ingredients, such as saturated fats, salt, sugar, and unnecessary bacterial contamination.
So, while a raw diet for dogs can be effective, you need to make sure that the recipes you use are actually healthy, fresh, and free of unhealthy ingredients and bacteria.
I just came across this homemade raw dog food recipes at homemade dog food. If you have been looking for homemade raw dog food recipes that are easily digested and very nutritious for your dog, then this for you.
The Raw dog food is easily digested and very nutritious for your dog.
NOTE: In an effort to simplify the raw dog food recipe I have incorporated the use of supplements. Without the supplements, the raw dog food recipe would need an additional 10 to 20 ingredients.
Unfortunately, our current agricultural practices yield foods with a fraction of the nutrient content of wild counterparts.
That said; this homemade raw dog food recipes is deficient without the two supplements that are essential to the recipe: Dinovite supplement and LickOchops omega fatty acid supplement.
Feeding this raw dog food recipe without the supplements will result in multiple nutritional deficiency diseases.
Purchase the dog supplements needed for this raw dog food recipe.
- Dinovite dog supplement. I use 1 tablespoon of Dinovite per cup of dog food.
- Lickochops omega fatty acid dog supplement.
Easy Raw Dog Food Ingredients:
- 10 lbs. of raw ground beef
- 18 hardboiled eggs including the shells-cooled (the egg shells supply digestible calcium to your dog. Yes, studies have proved that the calcium in eggshell is highly absorbable.)
- 15 cups of cooked white rice-cooled (This is made from 5 cups of uncooked rice. Use white rice not brown because it is more easily digested by your dog.)
- 1 tube of LickOchops omega fatty acid supplement (This supplies important omega 3 & 6 fatty acids in a 1 to 4 ratio, this is good! It also contains natural source vitamin E.)
- Dinovite daily dog supplement (This supplies a host of vitamins, minerals, digestive enzymes, zinc, and live direct-fed microbial. Dinovite also has a nutritious plant component in the “Alfalfa Nutrient Concentrate” that replicates the partially digested plant matter of herbivores. All great stuff!) I use 1 tablespoon of Dinovite per cup of dog food or add 2-3 cups of the powdered Dinovite per complete batch. In the video, I show the Dinovite Liquid but now I use the powder because Dinovite has discontinued production of the “Dinovite liquid” in the single-serve packets.
Raw Dog food Recipe Yield: 48 cups of raw dog food.
This homemade raw dog food recipes can be halved or doubled to accommodate the size of your dog or for multi-dog households.
Do not feed this raw dog food recipe without Dinovite and LickOchops dog supplements as it will cause the raw dog food recipe to be deficient.
Raw Dog Food Recipe Directions:
- In a very large bowl, bucket, or in your plugged kitchen sink, crush the cooled hard-boiled eggs (and shells) into small pieces.
- Add the cooled cooked white rice
- Add 8oz. of LickOchops omega fatty acid Supplement (1tube).
- Add raw ground beef.
- Mix well and completely with your hands or with a large, strong spoon until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Storing your Easy Raw Dog Food:
You can also make individual patties or meatballs in single daily servings, freeze the raw dog food patties on cookie sheets and remove and store in larger bags/containers once frozen. Thaw the raw dog food as needed.
I personally prefer the freezer containers because they are easy to fill, thaw and serve the raw dog food. There is never any mess. I take one out and let it thaw on my counter.
NOTE: Remember you are handling raw meat so use common sense when making, storing, and serving this raw dog food. Use the same precautions you would use when handling raw meat for your family.
Serving Size for your “Easy Raw Dog Food”:
*Special note: These are general guidelines, we are not trying to land a man on Mars. If your dog is losing a little weight eating the raw dog food and this is not desired, increase the amount you are feeding. If your dog is gaining weight on the serving size then cut back a little. In short, adjust the serving size of raw dog food depending on your dog’s age, weight, and activity level.
- 10 lb. dog – 1/2 cup raw dog food daily + 1/2 tsp Lickochops + 1/2 tbs Dinovite
- 20 lb. dog – 1 cup raw dog food daily + 1 tsp Lickochops + 1 tbs Dinovite
- 40 lb. dog – 2 cups raw dog food daily + 2 tsp Lickochops + 2 tbs Dinovite
- 60 lb. dog – 3 cups raw dog food daily + 3 tsp Lickochops + 3 tbs Dinovite
- 80 lb. dog – 3 1/2–4 cups raw dog food daily +3 1/2 tsp Lickochops + 3 1/2 tbs Dinovite
*Special Note: If you add the supplements to the whole batch when making the dog food recipe it is not necessary to add them with each serving. Use whichever method you find easier.
Introducing this new “Easy Raw Dog Food”:
- Fast your dog for 24 hours before starting this diet. Water should be available to your dog during the fast. This will give time for the old dog food to pass through your dog’s digestive tract. It is important to follow this procedure to limit digestive upset. This is an important step, ignoring this step greatly increases your dog’s chance of having digestive upset.
- Day one and two: Feed a portion 1/4 the size of a normal meal.
- Day three and four: Feed a portion 1/2 the size of a normal meal.
- Day five and six: Feed a portion 3/4 the size of a normal meal.
- Day seven: Feed a full portion.
- Special Note: The whole process takes 8 days when you include the 24 hours fast. This method will allow your dog’s digestive tract time to adapt to the new raw dog food.
This method will allow your dog’s digestive tract time to adapt to the new raw dog food. Please follow this introductory method, your dog will be fine.
Your dog will not starve or hate you. Rapid diet changes can cause vomiting and diarrhea. A horrendous mess all over your house!
***Important Note: Do not mix kibble and raw dog food together! Doing so will GREATLY increase the chances of digestive upset for your dog!
Recommended reading: Easy Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipes
If you enjoy The Best Homemade Raw Dog Food Recipes for Dogs post, share it with your friends on facebook and pinterest.